Monday 16 November 2015

FALLOUT 4 & 2016 GAMING & FILMS

Well I simply do not believe it but I am playing Fallout 4! Video links to my YouTube channel are provided at the bottom.

This is for a number of reasons but one is the obvious one that it has finally come out after 5 ... umm or actually 7 years of waiting!

Another reason I did not think I would be playing this is the same reason I thought I would not be around for the very first episode in the new Doctor Who series, 29th September 2015, in that I was not supposed to be here!

In fact ever since April a little legal case regarding corruption I was indirectly involved in was ending in a few weeks. Then this got delayed several times from a week or two or a couple of months at a time. It ended, successfully of course. But not successfully for me.

I have been left high and dry and without a single scrap to vindicate myself to everything I said ... well about the case at any rate. Everything else has the necessary data ... except this one, the biggest one of all! In an unexpected way I was left high and dry. Well ... almost unexpected. Still ... gaming ..

Does not like like 7 years of work in Fallout 4 if I am honest ... but hell it is Fallout 4 and the only way it will get knocked down to an average game score for me and that is if it only lasts half as long as Elder Scrolls Skyrim did, and without the inclusion of DLC!

Hmm come to think of it though I played all the DLC for Fallout New Vegas I have not gotten around to playing the Skyrim DLCs?! Damn it!

Anyway the map looks smaller than that of Skyrim, disappointingly, and that is without any large myriads of mountains or the fact that a third of the Fallout 4 map look to be water!! Must be a hell of a lot of underground sections? Maybe a hidden city of skyscrapers? I have never been to Boston, or anywhere in the USA unfortunately, but I do not think it has them .. or many of them?

Also despite its familiarity there are no returning characters once again, though the ones they do have are good I must say. Also there lacks the ... eeriness that you got in New Vegas, like the roaring and cold sounding wind you hear in the upper floors of the Lucky 38. Or that you got in that fabulous The Divide DLC. Or the strange feeling you get on the Burning Man DLC, The Long Roads was it?

The yellowed out storms with odd coloured lightning is the closest I have gotten to a very eerie post apocalyptic feeling like those I mentioned.

Hmm cannot think of any in Fallout 3 come to think of it? Ummm OBSIDIAN?! A New New York or New Seattle please?! LMAO! Or some other location that would make a good and fitting game to the Fallout series. Oh ... that will be 3 years wait! Damn it!

Diamond city is cool and looks cool but not very big. Started to think there were no scorpions in this one but despite them turning up no lizards like the Golden Geckos as yet.

Too many of the makeshift and crappy weapons, though it makes sense in a world like this one. No sub-machine guns but repeater pistols with huge clips that empty in no time at all, meaning you kill quickly but die between clips, lol.

Power armour appears far too early for me but it does look like an inferior type so maybe there are several types to find? Never thought of this when I came across no less than four power armour suits with the first few days. It was weeks before I could get a suit in New Vegas. Do not think I got one in Fallout 3 as I was a newbie ... well a newbie to Fallout and not played PC games for over 5 years! Did not realise you could wear a suit, lol.

I have just had a thought.

Despite the map feeling small everyone says there is a lot to do, just hope i is not retreading everywhere 3 or 4 times over, which looks unlikely but just remembered the S.P.E.C.I.A.L.S wall. Now that gives the impression the game has a very long shelf life on my ... umm shelf! Desktop, lame-brain! Yes thinking about that list makes me think I have months ahead of me and should take me up to early 2016.

Maybe up until my most anticipated title of Deus Ex Mankind Divided?

As long as I am finding new places into 2016 I will be happy, at least until a DLC comes out or better still Deus Ex Mankind Divided comes out, lol.

Then hopefully Deus Ex will keep me going until Dishonoured 2 comes out and that until Homefront The Revolution comes out or vice versa?

Then hopefully Star Citizen will be finished and that will keep me going until Elder Scrolls 6 comes out? Lol.

Also there may be some brand new titles that take the world ... or just me, by storm that come out during this time period?

Oh and Mass Effect Andromeda!

Hopefully Need For Speed will be good? Fingers crossed!

A Tom Clancy game like Splinter Cell, or other single player title, with the old issues gone?

Then there is the shrinking lithography next year, 2016, and the movies like Batman V Superman Dawn Of Justice, X Men Apocalypse that looks to be the first real X-Men movie since they started and then Deadpool, Gambit, Civil War, The Suicide Squad and Doctor Strange and that is without any other big films or sequels!

The mind boggles at the thought that once they are all done things like Guardians Of The Galaxy 2, Shazam, Thor Ragnarok, Captain Marvel, Justice League and the sequels to Blade Runner, Avatar, Prometheus and Interstellar could be well on their way too?!

My head spins at the thought of all this and when you look harder it is exciting to realise that we have several years like this!

Now I am well aware that the consoles hold back PC games and that this will likely now happen for a few years ... except that there have been rumours about a new Nintendo console?! Everyone refers to it as the 'NX' but if they have decided to bring something out based on the new lithography chips next year then this might not be a problem?! WOOHOO!

Instead of the PC being a third wheel to the other two big names consoles you might have anotehr pair of more powerful beats to code for ... so the incentive is there to up the graphics, map sizes, physics and artificial intelligence!

Imagine that? Nintendo becoming the PC gamer's best friend? Lol!

You see there will be two lesser machines with the PS4 and XBox One and then the PC and the NX meaning fewer letters is definitely better.

The idea of the 'NX' sounded like a crazy one until I realised this and maybe it is what Nintendo realised?

There is no time span I have read about or release date for the NX but the new lithography AMD CPUs, APUs and GPUs is mere months away. So are the nVidia GPUs.

As a matter of fact I could not help thinking that Fallout 4 was rushed out quickly when I play it and it kind of was when you think about the five months since it was announced.

Think about it ... had this arrived looking like this after Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Wildlands, The Division, Homefront The Revolution, Mass Effect Andromeda even and Star Citizen it just might have been lambasted? Maybe Bethesda realised this? Which is why it looks unfinished to me and nowhere near as big as I thought it would be? Graphics not quite where I thought they would be?

So it is still good but we might now have to wait until Elder Scrolls 6 or another Obsidian Fallout before we see the big leap many thought they would get with this one?

Only problem is even if they knew about this leap a year ago it is likely no less than 18 months and if not then as much as 3 years to wait?! Bah-humbug!

Roll on Deus Ex!

Helping some farmers ...



Brotherhood Of Steel Early Missions Part One ...




Brotherhood Of Steel Early  Missions Part Two ...


No comments:

Post a Comment