Wednesday 29 March 2017

THE HEAT IS RYZEN

I just got something of a surprise when I looked at my YouTube recommended videos.

I look at a lot of different videos and so much so that some things I look at regularly seem to fall off the radar and do not get recommended any more, until I physically go and look at more videos of a particular channel.

Now a very good example of this was one that I noticed fell off my radar and as I am big on various areas of science, one channel, or guy, that I watch has a PhD in science and worked in nuclear reactor plants. He calls himself Thunderf00t, though I always refer to him in other blogs as 'The Man With The Loud Feet'.

I have been waiting patiently for the latest AMD Ryzen CPUs to come out and things were even better than I thought.

The only things is that ... umm some channels that I watch to do with computer tech acted completely differently to what I expected them to. Some even changed their ... personality?! In fact I found some downright odd and even a little creepy if I am honest.

Oddly three of these I had started watching only recently seem to all be in the same part of the world and the other side of it to me in the UK.

These guys seem to be acting and talking like there was some ... agenda. I really do not like all the fanboy talk from either side of claims of being shills or in the payroll of this company or that ... I really do detest it.

HOWEVER ...

If a gun was pointed at my head and I was told to come up with names that are most likely ... got a hidden agenda or even shills ... there are three names I would put forward. They are not the ones I thought I would be putting forward 6 months ago.

I saw many comments about Linus and JayzTwoCents and statements about them being shills or biased but that never crossed my mind and wondered if this would become obvious when Ryzen was released. It was not.

However there was one other not in the part of the world of the previous three I mentioned and is in fact in the US and I did think a great deal of. This guy also seem to have an odd and negative tone in his reviews of Ryzen and then there was that ... umm trouble.

Joker Productions correctly pointed something out, a video I personally watched and thought his discovery very interesting, and the next thing I know so much mud was being slung all over the place that I could barely see any light from my monitor.

Well feck me sideways if I do not go to who I think to be the best tech guy on the Internet, I just hope he does not hate me being English with him being a Scot, also gets attacked from these same three people?!

What the FUCK is going on?

Two guys I never thought for one second having any agendas at all and one coming across interesting things, Joker, and one having excellent methods for reviewing CPU and GPU tech, AdoredTV.

The really bizarre thing is one of these guys did one of those ... oooh feck I forget what you call it, but joint liove chat streaming ... thing-a-ma-bob! The other funny thing is that I have this knack for getting a ... feel for what someone's true personality is like and ... well let me say that there was someone that I did not look the look of.

I remember thinking that I did not like the feel for this guy and would not trust him if I met him or was to do anything with him. Well I wouldn't in the first place to be honest. Sorry ... did not like the look of him and ... well I am well known for being pretty spot on with these kinds of feelings.

Let us just say that I have a unique knack for getting these feels on people and with the use of various hidden microphones and cameras I have managed to do ... things that if told you simply would not believe.

I have a blog about it and though it is mainly on corruption within all of the UK's public services, or at least all of the big ones, I have worked ... with a few others to that you simply would not believe.

I have also done this with a number of rather large retail chains too.

Oh and I have never ... EVER lost.

Ergo I am pretty confident in my abilities and I have not divulged anything I have been working on for the last two years but when I do ... let us just say that it will cause a number of big waves.

So then back on track ... I go to see a video uploaded by AdoredTV and as he continues to talk he explains that there has been a bit of bother ... over his research and methodologies.

He then shows a number of things being said and there are the familiar names of people that have started to sound somewhat ... odd to me of late.

AdoredTV then explains how he just let it go, that he seem to have upset someone and now become a target for them and let it go, even explaining himself too. All from that part of the world and all the ones I have been suspect of, of late.

But then a different guy I also sometimes watch gets involved too. This was Bitwit and I was surprised he got involved.

Now there are some egos becoming big, heated and over-inflated that are behaving just like some fanboys and I am going to say this ...

In my view professionals are just that. Scientific professionals are included when I say that being these people does not mean that we know everything. What we are, however, are people that can understand scientific things and work out our numbers to get to the logical conclusion or the truth. It does not mean that we know it all and nor does it imply that we are infallible. Part of being a professional and/or scientist is to accept when you have failed and when you are wrong and then working out why, correcting your methodologies and getting to the truth.

But ...

It seems to me that there are a great many people that have appeared on YouTube that have sounded like they know what they are doing, or just had the cash flashing around long enough to build a number of tasty enthusiast PC rigs that have built up a huge following.

I have slowly realised and a number have stood out that are not actually all that they make themselves out to be. They have shown that they clearly lack an understanding of how things work in the computing world.

Others have stood out to show that they do understand this and that things can change with time and especially so with brand new tech. This is something that many have not realised and even after weeks has still not occurred to them.

Ergo they have been giving extremely bad advice.

According to them both major gaming consoles cannot play games, or rather you cannot play games on!

Bad. Wrong. Stupid.

Now I do not know whether or not they are trying to fit a narrative wrongly adopted by their fanboy base or they are just naive or just plain stupid?

Of the dozens of people I have listened to over the last few years there is one guy that stands head and shoulders above the rest for not only doing the CORRECT research but doing the research that not a single other tech reviewer has thought of doing. Not one!

That man is AdoredTV.

So you could imagine the look I must have had on my face as he explains he has now become a target of other YouTubers and when I get to the comment where he states something was said and that is where it went too far and he made the video I was watching.

My lower jaw must have now been in the region of my patella?!

I bet if any of those three guys I mentioned have been reading this they are googling 'patella' right about now? Lol.

What utter dumb-arses.

One did a video that Linus had already done and ... well I could not give a flying feck who did what and when ... but I found it odd that he had to state "I didn't copy Linus ... honest!" Yeeewww, give me a bucket ... SOMEONE?!

Lol.

After all those times when they rant off about fanboys in their own comments section they go and turn into fanboys themselves and do the same childish tricks!

If I could talk to AdoredTV ... well I did look for an email but as I have NEVER been compelled to email anyone on YouTube, not really keen on commenting either, I did not know where, if there are any, the button for emailing someone is. Oops ... I digress ...

If I could talk to AdoredTV I would tell him to ignore it. If people are happy to go and be misinformed ... let them. You can lead horses to water and all that jazz.

The people that you are probably better off with are the more inquisitive ones and not fanboys of this company or that company.

I see this fanboyism disease spreads everywhere and from computing tech, with nVidia, Intel and AMD to even movies, like Marvel and DC.

It is most certainly a disease that is spreading. but have no fear of being afflicted by said disease as ...

... I have noticed it is only contracted by half-wits.

You just know that there has to be a day when 'Fanboyism' gets added to the Oxford English Dictionary and I cannot wait to get a huge amount of laughter and joy at reading their description of the word.

I think if and when it does appear the description just might cause said disease to disappear ... overnight?

LMAO!

Oh crap?!

Nearly forgot ...

12 and 16 core Ryzens, I expected but, this early ... are you effing kidding me?!

DROOOOOOOL!!

I would drool over a 12 core Intel too ... but then have a coronary over the price tag and ... well let us just say that I have a number of health problems, morons on YouTube did not stop to consider but hell, I have been in and out of hospital with ... chest problems that has some a little ... concerned and I have to be monitored for 48 hours sooooo ... yeaaaah looking at Intel pricing is not a good idea right now!

LMAO!

EDIT:

There has been a lot of tech within chips that have come out that I have not become familiar with and I will need to before very long ... but I will say this ...

 One microprocessor having a higher clock speed is not an indication of a faster processor.

Nor is the IPC, or Instructions Per Clock.

A chip with the lower clock speed could still be faster overall than the one with a faster clock speed.

Another thing is that in this instance ... yes Intel still has a higher IPC, or so I keep reading ... but that does not tell the whole story either, perhaps, as ...

You also have the extra threading and from what I keep hearing Ryzen's Simultaneous Multi Threading works better then Intel's Hyper Threading. This will also confuse things further ... just as this umm Fabric thingey scaling with faster RAM.

I have ALWAYS STATED that if a benchmarking program gives an impressive result then it is impressive ... feck all this real world bullshit.

If a core can process something damn fast if it is coded the right way then it processes something damn fast and that is the end of it. If something else does not then it is down to the software being used and I doubt anything has been coded with Ryzen's architecture in mind, it IS brand new after all.

Now if it turns out that it just so happens that Ryzen does not work that will on a game title loved b you and you only want 160 fps then sure ... go buy a quad Intel.

However I feel pretty certain that anyone buying a quad core today might start to regret it in as little as 12 months to 18 months. If your someone that does not upgrade for 4 or 5 years this will become an issue for you.

Yeah you can up the CPU cores with Intel but I am pretty sure this means a new motherboard too? Hey?! but maybe by then the six and eight core Intel's might be a sensible price? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment