Sunday 29 June 2014

THE ACE COOLERMASTER AND AKASA

And these would be the Power Supply Unit, the CPU (APU in this case) Cooler and the Memory Card Reader.

The PSU is in a red colour which, before anyone thinks sarcastic thoughts, took the place of a Corsair PSU at the last minute, the latter of which I did not hear many good things about, at around half the cost. AFter reading up on Ace PSUs I started to wonder if the ACE unit would last the week?!

It has an it has been surprisingly quiet I must say. I did up the wattage from the original 550 Watt to 600 Watt just in case and have yet to plug another graphics card into the system, which IS coming I assure you!



The Coolermaster TX3 Cooler was also a last minute switch and I did originally plan to get a Corsair closed loop water cooler and then decided on a heatsink and fan before I saw this one on Scan for around £16 I think it was! Meaning I could get the system up and running two weeks earlier than previously thought. I have since seen an advertisement for a Zalman Liquid Cooler in one of the magazines I recently bought I am interested in checking out. This cooler is also surprisingly quiet too and even with the MSI A88XM standard OC Genie switched on I get nothing in the way of noise I can detect at any time even with no TV or music playing!

Surprising.



Last is a schoolboy error of my memory card reader and a sure fire example of why the cheapest option normally does not work out that way. I purchased a Akasa Cooler not realising it was a 3.5 inch one and in all honesty I did not think they bothered with 3.5 inch bays anymore! My Corsair Graphite Series 230T case sure as hell does not have one! So a week after I bought it I had to buy a adaptor form Maplins that at £6.99 instantly made my Card Reader more expensive than most others on offer. Annoying me as I could have gotten a much more swish looking one, another technical term there with 'swish', for the same money. Plus the reader had to live in its bay for a week being held in place but a rigid lump of white foam! Lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment