Saturday 16 March 2013

CHASED & WORE DOWN UBUNTU 12.04 LTS

Got serious...

WHIPPED UBUNTU's ARSE! (the OS not DEVS lol)

BACK ON (my own doing no email help other than standard automated replies)

BLOODY WELL STAYING ON AND WORKING!

Just brief. Up and fully loaded. DID NOT download install ATI stuff but now updater giving ATI Drivers as option?!

Also Ubuntu did a whole load of installing it did not do before so I left it and after that it was offering the ATI Drivers as mentioned above...

... I AM NOT INSTALLING THEM!!

Now maybe next week or next MONTH I will buy a PC case, mini one, and start building a rig specific to Ubuntu and Linux.

I MAY get a 64GD Sandisk Ultra SD Card and Install Ubuntu onto that instead, though I will check it the pros and cons of doing that first, to use on this laptop.

Dual Boot like the other times using that Wubi installer.

Ordered book on Linux Commands, as I only remember 'ls' lol.

Also will order OFFICIAL UBUNTU BOOK next week. Though wondering now if the Ubuntu 12.10 might have been better, the magazine said only use 12.04 LTS and not 12.10!

Anyway, it is BACK it is fully loaded with few dozen software packages and it will damn well stay there this time!

I am nothing if NOT persistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment